Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pelley take a bow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Pelley take a bow Reply with quote

I found this piece in the Dec.1971 Company staff journal.
Quote:

Youth Leader J........ P......... of Villawood and Westbridge is proud of his team's performance in the Under- 14 section of the Bankstown District Soccer Association.This year they were both Minor Premiers and Premiers and they also won the President's Cup.Last year what was substantially the same team won the Under-13 "Sun" Good Sportsmanship Award.
The team includes boys from Great Britain,Czechoslovakia,Germany,
Spain,Turkey,Yugoslavia and South America.

unquote

So Pelly take a bow. Do you remember this team? Very Happy
pelley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that phyl cant remember to many of the boys back then but i do know we had some great kids . i remmember one was called nafis rajaposki he was a very well mannerd boy and very quiet, i remmember the boys at bradfield park the wilsons david vaughan these are some of theboys that played the interstate games agianst the victorian hostels every year we not only had good soccer teams but we also had good netball teams, only remmber a few of them girls. anita gentlmen b park jeannette b park my daughter. conduit b park shiela green dundas we had many good players bradfield park soccer teams were u9s under 11s under 13s under 16s and all age ex bradfield boys and me.i enjoy logging onto this sight look every time i get chance love to know were john shay and george marley are up to now . i remembered neville very wellall good men go early. i believeyou live next door to my rele in great harwood LEN give them a nudge for me wellwill keep looking for new people to come on hope we jog a few memories.
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Pelly,
What hostels did you go to? Was it only Villawood,Dundas and Bradfield Park?Or were you at more.?
My sons Charlie and Allan played soccer and cricket for the hostel and Murray played cricket.
I used to score for the cricket team Murray was in and occasionally for the all age if Nev. couldn't do it.
Charlie has a guiding business in Mt. Cook NZ He has also included a cafe too. His url is: www.mtcook.com if you are interested in having a peek
I, too, would like to catch up on John S. and George M. Smile
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pelly ,Was talking to my son Charlie last night and he remembers you well and sends you his very best wishes
pelley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI PHYL HOPE YOUR DOING WELL CHARLIE WOULD BE A BIG BOY NOW PROB WOULD NOT KNOW HIM IF I PAST HIM IN THE STREET. HOPE HES DOING WELL AS THEY WERE ALL A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE HOPE THE FORUM BUILDS UP MORE AND MORE . WISH SOME OF THE PEOPLE WOULD PUT THERE LAST NAMES ON PROB WOULD KNOW THEM BETTER IF I KNEW THERE LAST NAMES . LIKE LYNDA FROM DUNDAS ANY WAY HAVE TO GO STILL DO A BIT OF SPORTS HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY EASTER AND ALL ON THE MIGRANT WEB .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: