Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maribyrnong/ 'Midway' hostel, Melbourne
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pamie Pamie has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Hi Eleanora

I'm really sorry about the long(!) delay in replying. I periodically check whether I have new messages but your reply never cropped up. It wasn't until I decided to look up the memberlist (and look at my list of posts) that I noticed there's a longer string of replies to the photos Len helped me put up a while ago.

Yes, I would love to speak to your parents. I didn't know people were coming out from Hungary during the 80s, only heard and made contact with Polish leaving after the solidarity movement.

Please feel free to provide me with your personal email so that we can make contact, otherwise mine is [email protected].

Hope we get to speak and thanks for your reply
regards
Pamie
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pamie, you're welcome to have a yarn with me sometime if you wish. I live in Geelong, but my husband works at Melbourne Uni (in Botany) so I go up there occasionally of a daytime.
Pamie Pamie has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aussietrekker

Thanks, that sounds great. I'm in at the Centre most days a week and could meet up with you the next time you're visiting your husband in the Botany dept.

Please feel free to nominate a day, maybe around the afternoon if it suits you as well

Thanks and regards
Pamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: