Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a lost friend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Looking for a lost friend. Reply with quote

Carol Poulter. Travelled on the Fairsky in May 1963 and went to Holmsglen Hostel I think, or maybe Nunawading. We met up on a couple of occasions, once when both our hostels went on a trip to the zoo and once when I was playing in the inter-hostel netball championships.

If you know her and her whereabout, please let me know; or let her know that I am on here and looking for her.

Thanks heaps.

Last edited by Susan Gillet on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tohara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Netball? Reply with quote

Hi Susan
I must have been very focused on my own life at 18 when I landed at holmesglen in Feb 1966, that I did not even know we had a netball team, Obviously the girls I knew didn't participate. But now I am curious about where it was onsite.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tohara,

I had left Altona hostel by then, so I don't know if the netball championships were still being played. I arrived in June of '63 and we certainly played that year, over the spring/summer time. I was there for two seasons, both of which we won, then left the hostel in September of '65. I not sure what happened after that as most of the friends I'd had were leaving around that time too. The last time I visited the hostel would have been mid '66, and that was before the old huts were demolished to be replaced by new double storey brick buildings. They looked impressive, but I never got to see the inside of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: