Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8mm Film.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: 8mm Film. Reply with quote

My father bought him self an 8mm film camera on our voyage to Au (1967). As a result we have quite a bit of film footage of our stay in Au and not to mention a little bit taken while we were at Unanderra hostel.

So the last few days I've been messing around on ebay, trying to sort myself out with a projector and screen etc.
My intensions are, to see if I can copy the film to video/ take photos of projected images and then hopefully put my efforts on here for all to see. I don't know what the results are going to be like but I assume not very good, but I'll try.
I don't know how long this is going to take as I may well have to do a bit of experimenting first etc.
So watch this space, as they say. Mr. Green
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a huge job Len. Good luck with it , I cant wait to see the the resuts .
Len

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Roy. I came across this site while I was searching for some info on the subject.

http://homepage.mac.com/onsuper8/diytelecine/projection.html

It has given me some very good tips.

I managed to win a eumig 610D projector on ebay and I am waiting with fingers crossed for the projector to arrive.
I have also ordered a couple of 4.5 optical condenser lenses form site selling army surplus equipment for just a few dollars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: