Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CONFIRM PARK IN WILLIAMSTOWN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nails nails has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: CONFIRM PARK IN WILLIAMSTOWN Reply with quote

Hi Judith
got a phone call today from Angela ward regarding which park we are going to, Carol said it was Centinial Park but Angela rang to say there is no park with that name CAN you please confirm the park we are having the reunion in. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Linda
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's next to Fearon Reserve on the Esplanade, in among the trees at the back of the Botanic Gardens. (opposite the beach).
oceania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All I had a rostered day off work today and went to Willy to check out the park. I spoke with the lady gardener that looks after that area and she put me in touch with the council lady in charge, when I explained what we had planned and I would need to get the gate open to get the bbq trailer on site, it seems you have to go through the booking process as there is a fee for the hire for the day also public liability insurance.
I have downloaded the necessary paper work and will get it filled in asap.
The reserve hire is $88 and the insurance for the day is $33.
According to the conditions of use we can start proceedings at 9.00 am and have to be out by 10.00 pm. We can byo grog as long as there is food available so we pass that test, and we don't need a liquor licence.

The name of the park is L.A. Parker Reserve it is on the corner of The Esplanade and Giffard Street Melways Map 56 / C 11. it a very nice little set up and has scattered tables and bench seats and I reckon we could take over one corner all to ourselves as the park has to be available to the general puplic also. I will be bringing extra tables and chairs so we should all be able to sit in a general group and not spread out all over.
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Confirm park in Williamstown. Reply with quote

Good on you Andy you*re doing an excellent job Smile Smile Smile
oceania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Danny I always like to do good things Very Happy as it makes up for all the bad things I have done. lol Laughing
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer a gudun Andy,just as well you went for the reccie,who would have thought
oceania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carol. Smile I reckon all we have to do now is organise transport for all the people from intestate that don't have transport and all those that learned to drink on the hostel, as they may over indulge on the day and may need an inhouse taxi service to get them home safely, lol Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Let the good times roll. P.S. Hey Cliff I need your help any chance of popping over for the weekend it would be great to see you again. Cheers Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: