Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queensland/Inala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Queensland/Inala Reply with quote

I went for a drive today, just to get used to driving a manual car again. I am currently in Springfiel Lakes, not too far from Inala, so thought I'd go and have a look around. Of course, it would be very different from when Carol and Caroline were there, but I was interested anyway. I thought of you both as I was driving around. I eventually stopped at the Inala Town Centre shopping plaza, did some shopping and had a coffee, then back along Progress Road to the highway and back to Springfield.
Spoke with Pat yesterday and we are hoping to get together with Nora and Doreen, and maybe even Debbie, on Thursday or Friday.
I'll probably drive down to the coast one day next week.
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: post Qld Inala Reply with quote

Hello Susan, well there you go, for some unknown reason I thought you lived in a suburb of Melbourne. It just goes to show that when I*ve read you and your mum conversing with one another, and being so close, I also thought you both lived not far from each other. Best wishes to your mum OLwyn and for you too. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
eileen eileen has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Susan if you get to see my sisters tell them i send my love x
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Danny.

I do live in a suburb of Melbourne, Cranbourne to be precice. I am up at my daughter's for a couple of weeks, and she lives in Springfield Lakes which isn't very far from Inala. Had to go and have a look while I was here, Smile

Eileen, I am seeing Nora, Doreen, Pat and maybe Debbie tomorrow, and I most certainly will pass on your message. I am really looking forward to them coming here for lunch.
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Danny for your good wishes. Am surprised that you remembered me. I remember you very well as being a very tall boy for your age..lol

Regards Olwen
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Inala civic centre,lots of memories from there!!! But I must say all in all I hated QLD with a passion..still do if I am honest,just didnt do anything for me,was wrapt when my parents decided to return to Melbourne,we went up for a holiday some time ago,just before Cliff went back to England,and apart from seeing Cliff and family and of course the theme parks,it still had nothing going for it..I hate the weather,the bugs ( ugh ) and just the look of the place,not for me obviously cry
I think that is why when it comes around to state of origin I support NSW,but I must say that is getting harder and harder as more Melbourne Storm boys are playing for QLD,which really hacks me off !!!!!
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormfour wrote:
Ah Inala civic centre,lots of memories from there!!! But I must say all in all I hated QLD with a passion..still do if I am honest,just didnt do anything for me,was wrapt when my parents decided to return to Melbourne,we went up for a holiday some time ago,just before Cliff went back to England,and apart from seeing Cliff and family and of course the theme parks,it still had nothing going for it..I hate the weather,the bugs ( ugh ) and just the look of the place,not for me obviously cry
I think that is why when it comes around to state of origin I support NSW,but I must say that is getting harder and harder as more Melbourne Storm boys are playing for QLD,which really hacks me off !!!!!

I agree with you all the way Carol, I don't like Queensland either, especially the constant sunshine and cockroaches, oh the cockroaches, I hate them with a passion. Lived there for eight moinths...Olwen
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very ambivalent about Queensland. Can put up with the weather; so far the bugs haven't bothered me much; and there's not too much difference between good and bad suburbs here or Melbourne. The roads though, oh! the roads..................trying to drive anywhere and follow one bloody road is impossible here. I'd much rather Melbourne's roads any day. At least when you are on a road, it doesn't suddenly go off at right angles while the road straight ahead becomes another road entirely. How bloody confusing is THAT?[/b]
stribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses for courses, lived in Melbourne from 1960 till 1983 apart from 2 years in Sydney and have lived up here in the loathed Queensland since. Came up in 1976 to try living here but everything went wrong and went back to Melbourne to save up and come up with more money. We worked our buts off before giving it another try and love everyday I live here as did my mum and dad who followed me up. It can depend on where you choose to live like everywhere I suppose, Just remember where the georgous Billy Slater is from. There are areas in every state I would rather not live in.
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not fair!! using Billy Slater as a frinstance,the gorgeous Cameron Smith comes comes form there too as do a lot of the Storm players,but they are in Melbourne now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and we aint lettin em go!!!
stribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. We breed them good up here. Only a matter of time before they see the error of there ways. Go Titans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: