Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi 1967 -1968

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Hi 1967 -1968 Reply with quote

Hi my name is Jackie I stayed on Unandera Hostel with my brother Ged mother Jean and father George. I have fond memories of my time there I met many of good friend. We moved to Dapto till my brother and I were married and then my mother and father went on to live in Western Autralia.The games we played and the trouble we got into was part of an exciting time which I have never forgotten. If anybody remembers my family please let me know...
Len

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jackie welcome to our forums. You would have been there the same time as our family.

wave
JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was sixteen at the time and hang around my brother Ged alot of the time he was 18. We was part of the teenage group and spent alot of time in the shop where the Jukebox was and coke was the drink of the day. There were other teenages which came to visit us on the Hostel one in a blue and white car called Joe and I remember another one called Sam. The socialization was great and missed it after we moved off.

Jackie
Len

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only 9 going 10 years old when our family arrived at Unanderra.(1967) and I was the eldest of three. Brother Shaun and sister Elaine.
I wonder if you played netball while you was there? The team was clled "Green Flashes"

JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but I used to watch it. As a girl called Janice who was Robert Hills sister (who was the lad from down the street) played

Most of the time My brother Ged and me went to the beach with the other teenages and I spent a lot of time with my family looking around. My parent had a house built for us to move into after a year or so living on the Hostel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: