Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heathcote Hearts Football team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Heathcote Hearts Football team Reply with quote

I was a member of the Heathcote Hearts Soccer Team from 1966 to 1968. I actually lived at East Hills Hostel and the team played there, as I seem to recall that there was no football ground at the Heathcote Hostel. We had a guy who coached us and transported us. Im uploading some pics. Our main forward player was Ian Neilsen. His father was the coach. His younger brother Robert, played with my younger brother, Kenneth. Kenneth was the goalie and is in the yello shirt in the photos. Anyone in this team or knowledge of, I encourage some dialog. Apologies re the photo qualty, Ive been trying to get around to re scan them (they were originally colour slides) for some time now. When re scanned I will upload then. Richard Hallford

Len

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos Richard, thay are great. I'll add the other later.

Smile
GeoffT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
I played Right Full back for Heathcote Hearts in '65 - '66 with Paul Tunstall(left full back) & Gary Tunstall (half back) and I think a Scots lad by the name of Cranston "Scotty" Laidlaw (left wing). At one time I believe the idea of changing the name to East Hills Rangers was toyed with but never eventuated as far as I know. We were quite a force in my day. I remember playing a team in Marrickville we beat them 11 - zip, even the goalie swapped places with Cranston and scored a goal. We used to all catch the train from East Hills station wearing our strip and boots tied together hung around the neck when skip couldn't arrange transport. They were great days.
regards Geoff.
Barry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: 1967 Heathcote Hearts Reply with quote

I my name is Barry Gallagher I also played in 1967, names elude but i remember going to games in the back of a falcon station wagon, just all piled in. Also a parent had a VW bug i went in a few times also,
Ill keep popping by. wish i had some pics to help out. I think im the little kid,,hahaha i think we were all small. in the second pic im not quite looking at the camera i think.
Cheers Barry
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you barry. And your right about the Falcon Wagon. I was in that myself a few times. The guy that owned was "skip" the trainer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: