Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balgownie. August 1957

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elisabeth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Balgownie. August 1957 Reply with quote

Hi,
Am not sure if this is how I'm supposed to introduce myself, but nonetheless! My family arrived in Wollongong in August 1957, having travelled from England aboard the Strathnaver. We were on Balgownie (Fairy Meadow) hostel for 4 years until we bought our own home in Woonona. I have two older brothers, Alan and Bob (Robert), and an older sister, Alison. They all went to Fairy Meadow Demonstration School, then Alan went on to Wollongong High. Bob and Alison went to Woonona. Dad was a brickie at the steelworks. Ringing a bell for anyone?
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly before our time there but hope you find someone you know.Good to read your post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: