Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bonegilla, Villawood, Matraville (Pozieres Ave.) etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you migrate from the Netherlands or a Dutch ex-colony?
Yes. Straight from the Netherlands
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Yes. Straight from a former Dutch colony.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

JoopMul JoopMul has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Bonegilla, Villawood, Matraville (Pozieres Ave.) etc. Reply with quote

It was with this website in mind, that I have suggested to my fellow-board-committee members of the D.A.C.C. (Dutch Australian Cultural Centre), that we use our stand, at the Dutch Fair, in St Marys, on March 26/27 (Here in Sydney) to promote a (this?) website to allow Dutch immigrants to connect and possibly organise reunions, e.g., at the one coming up in Scheyville.

Although I know that Dutch immigrants come to this forum, the emphasis is on English immigrants and that in logical and understandable.

So I HAD thought of setting up something separately BUT, "why fix it, if it ain't broke?" and this site is so well established and there WERE of course overlaps.

I plan to ask visitors to our stand to supply their email addresses, so that I can inform them about WHERE they can connect with others who (themselves or their parents) stayed in hostels, like Matraville (Pozieres Ave., a few streets away from Bunnerong Hostel), Villawood, Bonegilla, Bathurst, etc.) and plan to then point them to the best site/forum to join.

I hope it can be herre and it would be great if the hostels that are not listed yet, could be added before March 26/27, so they have somewhere to go. (I would be happy to monitor. Am "addicted" to the www. .)

Jo Mulholland (a.k.a. Joop Mul)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: