Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kids, East Hills 1965ish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrendonL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Kids, East Hills 1965ish Reply with quote

Finally got around to scanning these. I dont know the last names of any of the kids.

Me on the playground

Party I think, Me on the left

Kid with the glasses was Terry. He had a brother, David and a sister, Janet.

I wish I knew the hut number.

Ok so now I know I have no clue who these kids are. (Except me of course)

Only other kid I remember was called Richard, only his mother called him "pet lamb"

Long ago and far away.

Brendon

Last edited by BrendonL on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
kshaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kids, East Hills 1965ish 1963 Reply with quote

BrendonL wrote:
Finally got around to scanning these. I dont know the last names of any of the kids.

Me on the playground

Party I think, Me on the left.Susan and her sister glasses Karen Shaw. Janet David and Terry Hernen 1963

Kid with the glasses was Terry. He had a brother, David and a sister, Janet. Name was Hernen

I wish I knew the hut number.

Janet, David, Terry and Me. Not of Terry, Janet or David Hernen

Only other kid I remember was called Richard, only his mother called him "pet lamb"

Long ago and far away.

Brendon
Very Happy
kshaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Kids East Hills 1965 ish Reply with quote

My parents Robert and Marian Shaw with my sister Susan stayed on the east hills hostel when we arrived on the Fairsea in June 1963 along with Terry and Brenda Hernen and their children Terry David and Janet Hernen who are in the photos My sister and I ( matching dresses) are also in the photos I am the one with the glasses (Karen) . And yes I think it was a party for Carol Whiteley who lived their with her parents Eric and Lyn Whiteley. Another family there where the Hayhurst's Shirley and Frank with their children Janis and Gary.
BrendonL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You have a better memory than me. I remember a lot of fun times, but not too much detail.

Wonder where they are now.
kshaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry and Brenda are enjoying retirement, Terry, David and Janet and their Spouses and children all live down Adelaide.
Sadly Eric Whiteley passed away last year but Lyn lives in sydney Carol with her spouse and family
the Hayhursts Frank and Shirley also retired and enjoying life live around the gold coast Janis and Gary live on the gold coast
My sister and I live in Sydney with our spouses sadly My father passed away in 1985 and my mum is Ok. We were lucky our parents collectively made a point of keeping in contact even having xmas holidays together by meeting up at a specified destination ( usually Tallebugera caravan park on the gold coast) and having a ball.
BrendonL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Despite the fact I labeled the picture wrong, I have often wondered how the Hernen kids got on. They were my best friends way back when. I remember David slicing his foot open, and beating Terry Sr. at chess (twice).

Thanks again.

Brendon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: