Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Janet Westhead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Janet Westhead Reply with quote

Hi everyone, the Westheads arrived in Australia in April 1964 Mum (Frances) Dad (Joe) and six kids. Joanna who lives in Sunbury myself Janet I live in Melton, David lives in East Bentleigh, Stephen lives in Hoppers Crossing, Elizabeth lives in Laverton and Jeffery lives in Waurn Ponds. The re-union sounds like it is going to be a really big affair, I will probably be there wil be driving mum and dad. they are in their eighties now and dad gave up driving about four years ago. Oh, they live in Altona.

I remember a lot of the names but really can't put faces to them. I remember going ice skating and then going over to Luna park. Going to the back beach and being chased by boys on horses. Didn't know thier names then but having read some of the posts on here i do now. We lived in the second row from the road for part of the time and then moved to last row at the beach end.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Janet, I'm so glad your mum has passed on the information I gave her regarding the reunion and this site. I've been meaning to ring her again to get your phone number so that I could get in touch with you personally. Hopefully you do remember me, Smile Smile

The reunion is going to be fantastic. It's a shame that there are some people we aren't able to locate no matter how hard we've tried, but it's been a very long time. Will catch up with you at the reunion if I don't do so beforehand.
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hiya Janet, How are you?looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion, this is going to be great.
Frank McManus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Hi Janet Reply with quote

your brother Jeff and I spent a lot of time together at the hostel (and with you as well) and your mum often made fish and chips for Tulla, Max and I. Are you going to be at the reuniion?

Frank McManus
Janet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank, yes will be at the reunion, with mum and dad. Stephen Elizabeth and Joanna are coming. not sure about Jeffery. Will see you then.
Gwen Ripper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet my brother Paul (Cross) spent lots of time with you guys and Maria McCall (she is married to our nephew) Gwen Ripper (nee Cross)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: