Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G'day all - Berkley Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Berkeley Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rasherriff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: G'day all - Berkley Hostel Reply with quote

G'day all, just introducing myself. I am Richard Sherriff and my family arrived in Sydney in Nov 1964 and stayed on the Berkley Hostel until April or May 65. I have been trying to find any official documentation to support that we were there. I looked several years ago at the National Archives but many of the records had not been released/ examined/ approved for release etc. I have only in the last few weeks finally been able to print some basic arrival info from the Archive and applied for the release of the rest of the docs. I also tried to track down any rego info from the hostel but struck a blank. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to get this together for my family history. It is hard as the hostel has been demolished and very little info remains locally
Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Berkeley Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: