Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little random outing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: A little random outing Reply with quote

A few of us are going out to lunch on Wednesday, June 1 at 11am.
We're going to William Angliss Bistro at the bottom of Latrobe Street.
It's where they train the chefs etc. and it's really good. Even better is their bakery outlet, where on a good day you can loot all their yummy experimental cakes for a fraction of shop prices. Some days you go and there's bugger all, but it's worth the risk.
All welcome- just rock up. I will book for 6-8 people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mission was aborted due to Carol being crook, so I've booked the bistro for Tuesday, June 14 @ 12.00. The restaurant was totally booked out for this semester, and will be shut from June 19 until August.
I went up by myself to the restaurant on Wednesday- it was one of their rare buffet days, and it was to die for, and it was on special for $20 instead of $30. The selection was amazing. I've gone on their mailing list to get the insider deals when they crop up.
The bakery had heaps of stuff. I bought way too much, including a giant Black Forest cake for $15, and lots of Petit Fours @ $5.50 a dozen. Had some Trekkie mates over for videos the next day, so they didn't go to waste, and the family had lots of playlunch.
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I am so sorry Judith I have only seen this post today,for some reason I am not getting notification of new posts on here any more,resulting in missing this one.I will have to get that sorted,and Linda must not have known as she didn't mention it,I would love to have gone too!! Oh buggar now we will have to wait till it reopens,but I suppose we can go somewhere else for lunch in the meantime,Linda leaves for the UK on 2 July so if possible we could make a day before then ,or otherwise she can just miss out ( lol ) and we can go without her !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any day is good for me except a Monday, or the 30th. June or 1st. July.
You know what's really nice- the Hopetoun Tea rooms in Block Arcade. Any takers?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Gillett and I are meeting up for lunch @ William Angliss Restaurant on Friday, November 11 at 12.00, and we'll be getting there at 11.30 for the bakery. Hope some of you can join us, from any old hostel. Let me know if you're definitely coming and I'll add you to the booking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Force isn't with us yet again, with one restaurant closed till next year and the other booked out on the date. Will post an alternative venue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: