Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings!What a Great Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Greetings!What a Great Forum Reply with quote

What I fantasic forum!
Greetings from Germany!
My name is Alex and I left Germany with my family in 1968. I turned 4 years old on the oceanliner Queen Frederica and we came to East Hills Hostel... sometime in November 1968, and must have stayed 2 years. As I was only 5, I do not remember that much...the memories are more like pictures mingled up with the stories my Mother told me. Her name was Hannelore Lindner and she was a cleaning lady at the Hostel, we lived in Hut 49B. My Mother died in 2007 and I was not able to go thru old photo's and letters until now. That is how I found you great people here! I am amazed by your stories and also by the memories they bring up in me.
I hope to share some more with you! And I have some Great pictures I would love to share with you!
Just need to figure out how to add them? or should I send them to one of you??
See ya soon! Alex
And thanx for this Place and your memories!
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
Great to read your post.My late husband was Manager in Charge at East Hills when you were there
I hope you enjoy the forum. Smile

If you send photos to Len he will put them onto the forum.We have this wonderful site thanks to him

Have a happy Christmas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: