Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Get Together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Another Get Together Reply with quote

Hi everybody,time to think about another get together,when we met last in Williamstown I think we all agreed that we would pick a time in the warmer weather and we could enjoy the great outdoors,so I was thinking somewhere along the Yarra where there are BBQ areas and it is pretty much central for every body..except Judith that is,but nowhere is really central for her ( sorry Judith).

So what do you think..and when would you like it to be,the best time in Melbourne is usually at the end of March when it is not stinking hot,but still really pleasant for outside activities,and I think daylight saving is still on until April,now I know it is too soon for this march but if we want it for next March we can start organising now,especially those who need to travel !!!

Andy we would be looking at another BBQ idea,but I think there are BBQs along that stretch of the Yarra that I am thinking of Barralong Marr I think it is called (or something like that )..but I will check all that out if that is the place we agree on

Post here folks with all your ideas and comments

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me and I'm happy to travel. Not too soon for this March, just pick a date and see who can rock up. I'm free from the second weekend onwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it this March too,but I was thinking about the tribe in QLD,if they are able to get down ..lets say Saturday 31st..That is the week before Easter so nobody will have gone away yet,just need to spread the word quickly..if others think its too soon then we still havr the option to defer till say Novemberish!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good, no reason why we can't do two. There's still plenty of time to put it on the bush telegraph.
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gang another get together sounds great. But I reckon we should keep it in Wiliamstown as the hostel was in and around that general area.I had a very good time at the Rifle Club. About the Yarra. We will be lucky to get a parking spot along the Yarra. On most week-ends the place is mobbed. Anyone in favour of keeping it local ?Regards Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys any body out there,still waiting on your opinions on this,I would still like to have it along the Yarra,I know the hostel was nearer to Willy,but there are a lot of us coming from Berwick and Packenham area and it is really a long way,so the city is central to all of us,and we can chat anywhere really can't we ?

Anyway give us some thoughts folks
I will send some PMs to see if you are all awake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have fled the country till March 5, how about if we nominate Sunday, March 18 at the Yarra just to touch base, and we can have another at Willy a few months later. I reckon two outings each year would be great, and would suit everyone's geography and timetable, because stuff will crop up for everyone. I'm grounded for the whole of April due to rellies coming from Ireland. I think it's important to gather somewhere near our " ancestral mansion" once a year.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya all,

We have some new members on here who weren't contactable for the first reunion, but who still live here in Aus. Maybe it's time for another reunion. Anyone up for it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've also been thinking about it. We could do a quickie at Williamstown RSL again, and organise something bigger for later on. And you're all welcome to a day at Geelong. We could go to Eastern Beach for old times sake, there's a magnificent new floating fish and chippie with a function room or we could have a fish and chip picnic, then you could come back to my garage and play all my old singles. I'm around till March 18th.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie RSL sound good to me, would have to be on a Saturday though as I won't be available on sundays after the end of January..unless it is really unavoidable,then i could see what I can do, and hopefully it will be before march...so set a date guys once we contact more people that is
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to catch up with you guys. I havent met any of you (and I only stayed in Maribynong Hostel anyway), but I work shifts (normally 2-11pm). So I will try to fit in with the General Concensus. Sorry if I cant make it due to work. Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good if other folk like Richard could join us. If we had a 12.00 start, he could come along for a while before work. How about Saturday February 16? It's far enough away to spread the word in time, and we can put it out to anyone who is available on the day. It will be impossible to cater for everyone, no matter what the date. We can discuss having something bigger for later in the year.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am now residing in Adelaide for the foreseeable future (hope to get back to Vic eventually) I won't be available for most small get togethers. If you are having one the last weekend in May, I could make it for that as I will be coming to Melbourne to head off to England on the 31st.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wish to put that date aside, we can do both. I'll be away in England myself in May, going to see our Victoria. She's just started a great job, so I don't reckon she'll be back here anytime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: