Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invitation to an Emmigration Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Invitation to an Emmigration Movie Reply with quote

Hi all. I know its short notice, but I have finally been able to get a copy of the movie "The way we live". It was one of the movies made by Film Australia and Im pretty sure it was the movie that was shown to my family in 1966, prior to us emmigrating to Australia. I have also arranged a viewing of "Film Australias Emmigration"
Its a DVD with a number of movies shot by Film Australia from the 1950's to 1960's.
Film Australia was the company that was commissioned by the Australian Government to produce films directly aimed at recruiting Migrants. I found the material in the National Film Archives of Australia. Im very excited to be viewing this material after so long. It will be screend in the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, near Federation Square, Melbourne on Tues 28th of Feb (Tuesday coming) at 1:30pm.
The material has had to be requested and sent from the National Archive to Melbourne and will have only one viewing.
Anyone wanting to see this material would be more than welcome. There is no charge involved at all. Again, sorry about the short notice, but I just got the email regarding the showing myself. They have to put on a projectionist as the movie is in 16mm film format.
Now that people are aware of the availabilty of the material, perhaps you might want to organise a screening for yourselfs at a later date if you cant make this one. PM me if you want to come and we can arrange a meeting point (probably Federation Square im Melbourne). Kindest Regards, Richard Hallford.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw curses, I've fled the country. cry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: