Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Horses Reply with quote

Does anyone remember the two horses that a couple of kids used to bring to the hostel one was an old bay coloured called Dusty and the other one was white wth brown markings called Tex they were both a bit wild but Iremember riding both of them as a dare even though I had never ridden before, no bridle only rope and no saddle! This was in 1963.

I also remember Jed the handy man a friend of mine on the hoste Jill Vine had her 16th birthday party and he decorated the room or hall with branches as it was a beatnik theme, I was not supposed to go to it as I was only 13 but I did manage to sneak out to it for about an hour, great 60s music! Jean Very Happy
I was on the hostel from april to about October 1963. My best friend was Irene Paterson who went back to Scotland I think, on the Fairsky in 1963. We lived in 124a and as a 13 yr old I had a ball on the hostel.
Vicky Smith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Horses Reply with quote

jean wrote:
Does anyone remember the two horses that a couple of kids used to bring to the hostel one was an old bay coloured called Dusty and the other one was white wth brown markings called Tex they were both a bit wild but Iremember riding both of them as a dare even though I had never ridden before, no bridle only rope and no saddle! This was in 1963.

I also remember Jed the handy man a friend of mine on the hoste Jill Vine had her 16th birthday party and he decorated the room or hall with branches as it was a beatnik theme, I was not supposed to go to it as I was only 13 but I did manage to sneak out to it for about an hour, great 60s music! Jean Very Happy

I also had the hall for my 16th Birthday in March of 63, and we dressed the hall up as a beatnick theme, with branches and dark inside, all of the kids from the hostel came, I remember two girls, one called Sandra and one called Maralyn who were going with two Australian brothers called John and frankie, they got pregnant and married, Sandra was a scottish girl I think from Edinburgh, do you remember all of us sitting up at the shop at night and listening to 60's music?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: