Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell me about your name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barkly barkly has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Tell me about your name Reply with quote

I always find it interesting on website forums to see the imagination used by people in chosing an online name.

Tell me where yours comes from (Len you can excuse yourself).

I use a number but am attracted to Barkly and Grumpy because Barkly was the name of a great Golden Retriever I had which has gone to the great kennel in sky a couple of years ago and Grumpy because at almost 63 I want to be a grumpy old man.

I sometimes use Joker - the name of Barkly's replacement a Cocker Spaniel - Joe Cocker - get it.

Terry

Laughing
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an avid lover of animals great and small ,your dogs sound lovely.It is such a tribute to your Barkly to use his name. Some of the names I use are Phylina :phyllydear (because a lovely lady I drove to the blind used to call me that and I hated it. I drove her for 10 years): Love Horses and just plain Phyl which is a shortened version of my name.
Rolling Eyes
Len

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I/ We once had a little Yorkshire terrier and we had her for 13 years. Her name was Cherry but I used to call her verm, verm was short for vermin. Mr. Green
I nicknamed her verm because she was only a little thing and to be honest, I was more comfortable calling out verm while out on a walk rather than calling out Cherry. wink
Was a sad day when she died. Sad

Anyway I chose to use my name as I thought I�d better had, besides, Cherry or Vermin probably wouldn�t have suited. grins

smile
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len, Cherry sounded lovely. You had her a long time too ,thankyou for the memory. cry
king of no waves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: online name Reply with quote

Hi everyone !
I didn't chose my online name, some bananabender friends did for me. Each time I visited them they were proud and happy to show me their best beaches and surf spots. They were also curious to watch what we would call "my surfing skills". Unfortunately, each time the sea has been as ftat as a mirror. They always made fun of me holding a surf board staring at the flat sea after a 20 hours fly from France.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: