Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broadmeadows 1964-66

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve1964

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Broadmeadows 1964-66 Reply with quote

Hi, I came to Australia in May 1964 on the Fairsea with my parents, sister and brother. We stayed in the smaller part of Broadmeadows Hostel just near the fence on Camp Rd until December 1966. Have great memories of the place. Rememeber a Spanish family, Martinez, in particular who were very hospitable. Juan Antonio, the youngest of 5 children posted on the site in 2011, which prompted me to join and reply to him but he has not yet posted a reply to mine. Hope to hear from anyone who remembers us, my sister Ann and young brother John. Thanks to Len for such a wonderful site.
marjiebellard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, we too were on the small site near Camp Road. We were there from June 1964 until 1966. There was my Mum and Dad, brother Jackie and sister Joyce. I was only 14 years old then. But made lots of good friends, Elaine Edgar, Winnie Wild, Margaret Toner and many others. Good times :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: