Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Archives of Australia - Destination Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhonda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: National Archives of Australia - Destination Australia Reply with quote

Hi There,

I have just been looking at some of your photos and reading your posts relating to Unanderra Hostel.

I work at the National Archives of Australia and recently have launched a website called Destination Australia which has over 21000 images from the Archives collection of postwar migrants.

I'd love for you to take a look at the website and see if you recognise yourself or anyone else in the images. You are able to tag (kind of like on Facebook) people you know. It would help us so much to help try and identify the mostly unidentified people in the images. You can also share your story, perhaps an image you see evokes a memory of life in the Migrant Hostels or of your journey to Australia.

We will soon also link to a new Facebook page which will hopefully connect everyone further. This would be great as I have read so many stories of people who met new friends on their journey to Australia or as newly arrived migrants only to lose touch and now wonder where they might be....did they stay in Australia? Did they return to England?

Well would love so much to hear from you and see you on our website:

Here is a link to page with many images from Unanderra Hostel:

https://www.destinationaustralia.gov.au/site/search.php

Good luck searching!

PS these forums are super interesting!
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: National Archives Reply with quote

I have used the National Archives of Australia for some years now and can highly recommend them. This new forum looks good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: