Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UFOs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: UFOs Reply with quote

I've had a few PMs from one of our contributors who is taking an interest in UFOs, so here's a new discussion thread to swap information and ask any questions you like.
My interest in the subject goes back since I was 13 years old. I have over 100 books, several videos and DVDs, and 18 binders of articles and newsclippings that I've collected since 1972. For many years I have been the Geelong regional investigator for the (now deceased) Victorian UFO Research Society, and have listened to all kinds of stories, from the credible witnesses to the nutbags.
This time last year, I spent a week in Roswell doing some research, and talking with the locals. Of special interest were the senior citizens, who had fathers and neighbours working at the Army base at the time of the incident in 1947. They freely told me that the place was in damage control on the weekend and subsequent days of July 4, 1947, and even those whose fathers were tradesmen at the base were sent home. (and all over a weather balloon?)

I have also done the day tour up the Extraterrestrial Highway in Nevada, which terminates at the "keep out" sign at Area 51, and went to Rendlesham Forest in England, where in 1978 a craft actually landed in between two Air Force bases. I have a transcription of the conversations between the soldiers as they located and approached the object...and it's not something you'd want to read alone on a dark night!
So there Robert, here's a few things to get you started.
Robert (Bob) Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: UFOs Reply with quote

I admire your enthusiasm for all thing scientific and the like.
I would dearly love to believe in UFOs but like all things remote until one actually sees the evidence hard and cold it is a struggle to completely commit to the fact that they are here!
All reports and and accounts point to them existing ...but there doesn't seem to be any cold hard evidence. I watch many docos etc on Sky but they all come up shallow in hard evidence ... What do you reckon?
Cheer, BOB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my reply somehow got duplicated, see below

Last edited by aussietrekker on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spectrum of human interest in this subject ranges from folk who want to believe, to those who don't want to believe, even if there was evidence that was to hit them in the face. In between, this spectrum includes people who will believe absolutely anything; those who sift the second-hand encounter stories and arrive at their own interpretation; and those like yourself who would like to believe we are not alone in the universe, but have their own (often very high) criteria of what constitutes evidence, regardless of the credentials of the source that claims to have it already. I suppose it can be compared to the 15th.century people who took a long time to accept that the world really wasn't flat. The word would have trickled out from the families of the crews of the ships who did the initial circumnavigations, but you can be sure there would have been people even then who said "I want to see evidence first, and until I do, the Earth is still flat". Fair enough. And if the issue doesn't really affect them one way or another (like the existence of ET) there's no harm in being indifferent or going into denial. It comes down to who you want to believe or disbelieve.
Robert (Bob) Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! Hear exactly what you are saying!
BUT.... Don't you think by now we would have more hard/concrete/tangible evidence to display...examine.
Surely every country or regime on this world wouldn't hush it up or hide the raw evidence?
Especially in this more enlightened world of instant emails and IPhones it would be flashed around the world in seconds and in a more focussed and clear presentation than the run of the mill half blurry shots we have become accustomed to?
Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.
Cheers, BOB. Idea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has met someone who has seen something they can't explain. The tale could come from someone you know well who is not given to attention-seeking, or from someone who is known to be away with the fairies. Few of us will ever hear a UFO story directly from an astronaut, or from military personnel who have been sworn to secrecy when an unexplained sighting occurred. The governments of the world have many motives for not releasing what they know to the public....but thanks to Freedom of Information documents becoming widely available (and I have quite a few interesting copies in my possession) we have the option of reading US and UK responses to sightings and encounters that were taken seriously, and still conclude if we wish, that "they're lying". The same goes for the numerous affidavits that were signed by high-ranking officers who knew they had terminal illnesses and nothing more to lose. They couldn't be prosecuted when the documents were opened after they'd died. The Roswell case alone has many such testifiers, but we're still at liberty to take or leave their veracity. All this stuff will be sufficient evidence for one reader but not another. That's how faith in anything works.
As for this thread, I'm happy to discuss any incidents. Even if it's just a good spooky story. But I do believe that life must occur naturally throughout our vast universe, and there's no reason why they wouldn't want to visit our beautiful planet without wishing to interact with its toxic inhabitants.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to believe in a government that is focussed and clear! Not to mention transparent! Maybe they learned their lesson following the original broadcast of WAR OF THE WORLDS. I suppose they'll announce ET eventually, but it may not be in our lifetime.
Robert (Bob) Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: UFOs Reply with quote

Why not release the info, we are not the Luddite peoples of 40/50 years ago?
Why hide it, if it exists?
I can't, for the life of me get my head around secrecy over what may be a savior of the odd world we live in!
Aussie Trecker if you have some emailable , compelling evidence, I would dearly love to receive it via personal message facility herein the Forum.
Thanks, cheers, Bob. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Compelling evidence" is all in the degree of reception by the recipient. When the time comes, no matter how desensitised we may be to the existence of ET, any announcement will affect everything on this planet from religious beliefs to the stock market. Those two sacred cows alone are enough motivation for secrecy. Rather than email or PM, I'll suggest that you google a few things that will do a better job.

-Colonel Philip Corso
-Colonel Walter Haut
-Monsignor Corrado Balducci
-Frederick Valentich.

That'll get you started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: