Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burwood Hostel (Broughton Hall) Church St Burwood NSW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manchester Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Burwood Hostel (Broughton Hall) Church St Burwood NSW Reply with quote

Lived here 1960 to 1962. Looking for old friends Pat Killen, Bob McCarthur
Katherine

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Bob McCarthur Scots guy wnet out with Kathy Brown they ended up living in Stanmore. I lived next door to the Browns in G Block
Manchester Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was from Newcastle I think ( but he did talk funny lol) he had a brother Ian, you may have known my sisters Marion Elaine and Christine, I dont remember our block name, but when you drove through the gate, and past the canteen, we were in the block on the left. Our name is Moore
JudyG

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Bob MacArthur, he was my brother-in-law. He was married to my sister Kathleen Brown. They had two children, Lyn and Jan. Bob came from Bristal where he was an amiture boxer. He's brother Ian died some years ago from Huntingtons or Hodgkins disease, not sure which. The last I heard Bob was well but haven't seen him since the early 70's
Katherine

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Judy its Me Katherine Gilroy used to live next door to you when you were so in love with Michael Landon from Bonanza. I still see Wendy Kroie and Stella White lives up the North Coast.........where are you we have tried to find you so many times
JudyG

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathy, Yes I rember you, Wendy and Stella. I returned to England 1973. I'm married with one son, David. If I remember rightly I wasn't the only one madley in love with Michael Landon.
Seeing Bob mentioned has brought up all sorts of memories of my time in Oz. We lost Kath in 1985 and lost touch with my nieces. My sister Wendy is in Oz and she has occasionaly been in touch with Lyn that's how I know abouy Bob and Ian. Hope you are all well. Love Judy
Katherine

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Judy, Gosh I am not sure if you knew or not, I did call to see your Mum Dad they lived in Sparkhill Birmingham 1976, your Mum said you were down south working as a Nurse. I also saw your Mum once she was shopping with Kathy, in Macquarie Fields. I was back working in UK Guernsey for 12 months a few years ago lovely place however it is Oz for me. I did my nurses training at Liverpool Hospital NSW and as a student I looked after old Mr McCarthur so saw Sadie Bob and Ian that was 1978. I thought my Mum did tell me that both Bob and Ian had passed on. Shame about Kathleen she was so talented with her sketching. Yes i sure loved Little Jo. Wendy and I still talk about you and the old hostel days. Did speak to Stella last year on the phone she is still married to Vic McCormick, I was married to Ron divorced about 10 years ago. Anyway not sure if I am able to put my email address on here but I will give it a go and hope Len allows you to have it.
Please email me soon let me know what you have been up to all these years
[email protected].
I love this web site hope to hear from you soon
K
JudyG

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathy, answered your e-mail Sun 22 May, are you having trouble receiving? Judy
ianr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bob .ian robertson here .i lived in the next unit to your aunt .1961-62
ozejoe349

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: broughton hostel Reply with quote

hiya everybody,
my name is joe harrold
arrived in burwood in May 1967.....left about august 1968
i was the paperboy for priors news agency
went to ashfield boys high
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: