Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cabramatta Hostel Reunion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angela

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

Hi Everyone letting you know Bev Cetin (Foote) and I are organising a reunion for Cabramatta Hostel to be held at Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown NSW March/April 2013
We are trying to get numbers together before we make a booking, if anyone is interested they can contact me by my email address here and Bev also.
Hope this messages gets to everyone and hope to see everyone again.
cheers Angela Hodge (Watson) Smile
Bevc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: hostel reunion Reply with quote

We are working out the costs to be around $50 per head with food and hopefully a DJ. Alcohol can be purchased at the bar
We're starting to get a lot of interest so you'll probably meet up with plenty of the old crowd. I'm really looking forward to it so please come one and all
dorfor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: reunion Reply with quote

I will come, as long as it�s after March 9. Dorothy Forgrave - Sept 1965 to Sept 1966
Bevc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: CABRAMATTA HOSTEL REUNION FINAL CALL FOR TICKETS 20TH APRIL Reply with quote

Just a quick update on the Hostel reunion for those of you who have not paid AND WANT TO GO
Please understand that this is a private function and that we have booked a room and the event will be catered at a cost of $50 per head
If you have not already paid and want to go, please pay your $50 now because once the numbers have been given to the caterers, there will be no changing it.
I'M SORRY BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY ON THE NIGHT. This event has been organised by Angela Hodge for the most part and she also works and will be travelling down from Queensland for the function.
We hope that you understand that it is a big task and we cannot keep doing 'final calls'
The details for payment are available by contacting Angela at [email protected]
Here's looking forward to a great night
Cheers
Bev Cetin (nee Foote) Very Happy
Bevc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: FINAL CALL FOR TICKETS CABRAMATTA HOSTEL REUNION 20/04/2013 Reply with quote

Just a quick update on the Hostel reunion for those of you who have not paid AND WANT TO GO
Please understand that this is a private function and that we have booked a room and the event will be catered at a cost of $50 per head
If you have not already paid and want to go, please pay your $50 now because once the numbers have been given to the caterers, there will be no changing it.
I'M SORRY BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY ON THE NIGHT. This event has been organised by Angela Hodge for the most part and she also works and will be travelling down from Queensland for the function.
We hope that you understand that it is a big task and we cannot keep doing 'final calls'
Cheers
Bev Cetin (nee Foote) Very Happy
Bevc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: CABRAMATTA HOSTEL REUNION FINAL CALL FOR TICKETS 20/04/2013 Reply with quote

Cheers
Bev Cetin (nee Foote)
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

Hi all. I was at Cabramatta for a few brief months before departing back to UK. I am interested in attending, but would have to travel from Melbourne up to NSW to attend. I was wondering if there was some more details of events. i.e. is it a social get together, or will there be organised events. eg photos, presentations etc. Not trying to be a nerd here, just gaining some understanding. Kindest Regards, Richard Hallford, Cabramatta Hostel 1968.
Bevc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: HOSTEL REUNION Reply with quote

Hi Richard
I don�t know if Angela was going to write and it�s only a week away so here goes:-

I�m just doing a power point presentation of all the bands that were out in the 60�s and Angela has organised the music (all 60�s based)
I�m also doing another power point with photos that were emailed to me by folks attending (from the time.)

It will b e an informal reunion but it is being catered (cocktail food) and so you will have to prepay, unfortunately this must be done because we have to give the caterers the numbers by the middle of next week.

You can do this by transferring $50 into Angela�s bank account, When you have done this, please email Angela (I have CC�d her) and let her know so that she can look for it on the bank statement and ad you to the list.

There are a few more registering now and I�m not sure but we must have hit around 40 by now. You should also let Angela know the people you�d like to catch up with and she can check to see if any of them are on the list.

monies to be deposited in
Wide Bay Australia
Ms Angela S Hodge
account no: 103694463
bsb no: 656400

Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown
20th April 2013
$50pp
in the Acacia & Eucalyptus Rooms

You can book accommodation at the Club I think or there is a really nice hotel close by I think it�s a Rydges if you�re coming, let me know if you want the hotel details

i HAVE ALSO EMAILED THIS TO YOU IN CASE YOU DON'T SEE IT

Hope to see you there Richard
Cheers for now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reunion Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I deliberately asked in public in the Forum, in order that others may see the info. Thanks again, Richard.
Bevc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

angela wrote:
Hi Everyone letting you know Bev Cetin (Foote) and I are organising a reunion for Cabramatta Hostel to be held at Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown NSW March/April 2013
We are trying to get numbers together before we make a booking, if anyone is interested they can contact me by my email address here and Bev also.
Hope this messages gets to everyone and hope to see everyone again.
cheers Angela Hodge (Watson) Smile

YIPPY KY AI 20TH APRIL IS UPON US ALREADY!!
I'm really looking forward to catching up with old and new friends
angela

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

Thanks Bev for replying to Richard
Richard if you are interested in coming please email me asap as I,m going to make final catering arrangements.
email to [email protected]

regard Angela Hodge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reunion Reply with quote

Okies. I just need to check my working roster with The Boss.
Bob Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all thought someone would have posted by nowhow the reunion went,maybe some pics as well, i was hoping i might know someone who went to it ,heres hoping
angela

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone the Reunion for Cabramatta Hostel which was held at Campbelltown Wests Leagues Club went of very well.
Bev did a great job on the power point presentation, old photos etc.
those that went were The Watson Twins Christine & Angela, Bev Foote & her sister Joan, Linda Groome, Sandra Black & her sister Helen, Pete Ashby, Stewart Odgers, Mick Hall,Danny Chalmers, David Pearson,Carol& Yvonne Emanuel,Ivor Jones,Dorothy Seguna,Katherine Collins,Irene Johnson,Willie Dearie,Jim Bowie,some of these people also came with their partners & we had a few that had paid but did,nt turn up due to unforseen circumstances, also had a few more people pop up at the last minute asking about Reunion, maybe another one on the cards. Bev also started a site on FB Sixties Migrants Cabra Hostel, have pics on their.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: