Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hostel Stories Adelaide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karag1414

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Hostel Stories Adelaide Reply with quote

Hi my name is Karen and I am new to the forum although I have been reading entries with interest for some time. I am part of the Adelaide University/Migration Museum "Hostel Stories" research team. I note that there has been mention on this site of this project and I thought it might be an opportune time to update what has been posted. The project has just completed its first year (of three). I have made numerous trips interstate and spent hundreds of hours reading documents in the archives to learn more about South Australian State and Commonwealth Hostels which operated between 1948 and 1985. We have a number of information sessions/seminars coming up for the South Australian History Festival this May (details are online at http://abouttime.sa.gov.au/) so if anyone reading this is in SA come and say hello. We are also collecting oral histories and planning an exhibition at the Migration Museum in Adelaide later this year. Happy to chat about this project.
CatherineManning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Hostel Stories Reply with quote

Thanks Karen,

I've now put the first Hostel Stories newsletter up on the Migration Museum website (part of the same project Karen refers to above). You can find it here: http://migration.historysa.com.au/research/callouts/hostel-stories (top right pdf link). There's a full list of all the About Time event Karen mentions in the newsletter.

Hope we get to meet some of you soon!

Catherine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: