Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nunawading Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Nunawading Hostel Reply with quote

Here is the image of my son looking through the fence at the children at the hostel school.How he wanted to go and play with them,but he wasn't old enough Sad By the time he was old enough we had been transferred,ah well that's life Exclamation

husylv7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nunawading Hostel Reply with quote

Phyl wrote:
Here is the image of my son looking through the fence at the children at the hostel school.How he wanted to go and play with them,but he wasn't old enough Sad By the time he was old enough we had been transferred,ah well that's life Exclamation

can you help me i was in nunawadding hostel 1961 trying to trace a factory were i worked either in st kilda or melborne but sure it was st kilda verdie chrismas card and birthday card factory i was 14 my name is sylvia we were emigrants 6 children mum and dad
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvia,I wish I could help you but I can't. Our time in Melbourne was only 16 months and that was at three different hostels, Nunawading,Maribyrnong and Preston and I was a busy mum and pregnant with and busy with twins so no time to explore.
I do hope someone can help you, there are many members of this site who were in Melbourne and still are
All the best.
husylv7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hya thanks so much for replying to me we were there and back in the uk within 16 months due to dads ill health hope ur family are grown now all the best keep in touch sylvia
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyl wrote:
Sylvia,I wish I could help you but I can't. Our time in Melbourne was only 16 months and that was at three different hostels, Nunawading,Maribyrnong and Preston and I was a busy mum and pregnant with and busy with twins so no time to explore.
I do hope someone can help you, there are many members of this site who were in Melbourne and still are
All the best.

Hi Sylvia I was in Nunawading Hostel in 1955 we moved out to lassiandra avenue further down Rooks road after a short time. After finishing school I got a job at Burty Brothers Cakes Factory in High street Stkilda they're well gone now but I thought that if you knew of them you might be able to place where your factory was. I was 14 when I worked there in 1952, all the little factories that were there back then are gone now. Cheers Ronald.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: