Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just wondering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Just wondering. Reply with quote

Has anyone come across the whereabouts of Jim McQuade or Linda Eaton?
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim McQuade was mentioned very early on in the forums I think Sue.. didn't you used to date him?? the same time I was seeing Ray Hollier if I remember correctly..now there is a name i haven't heard in a while as well , they both lived on the hostel at the same time I think , and you were living in burnett ave and we were in St Albans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim McQuade was mentioned very early on in the forums I think Sue.. didn't you used to date him?? the same time I was seeing Ray Hollier if I remember correctly..now there is a name i haven't heard in a while as well , they both lived on the hostel at the same time I think , and you were living in burnett ave and we were in St Albans
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did "date" Jimmy for a while. Smile Wonder where he is now? Haven't been able to find him in the phone book, or the Eaton's. Linda became my closest friend after you left the hostel to go to Queensland. We finally lost contact in 1979.
Linda Eaton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Hello Susan Gillett Reply with quote

My sister Annette who was just 2 when we arrived in Australia and not quite 5 when we left the hostel came across this site when trying to find where the hostel was located as she was too young to remember. She rang me and then sent me the link. I have just spent a wonderful hour and a half reading what everyone has been doing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Linda, and welcome to Altona Hostel Laughing
We have had a great time on here as you have just spent the last hour and a half finding out, we had the most amazing reunion back in 2010, and honestly we all just clicked like it was just yesterday we had seen each other.Alot of water has passed under the bridge since those hostel days, but the are now and will always be my most cherished memories of life in Australia.
Please share some of you memories of the hostel with us.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda, I remember you and your family very well. And I remember a toddler Annette in the canteen, proudly showing off a new pair of white shoes. Cool A lot of hostel folk have asked after you, and will be glad you've joined us.
oneofthelittlekids

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Hello all! Reply with quote

So nice that someone remembered me! I remember those shoes, too. I was so pleased with them!

I've also spent too much time in the last couple of days reading the forums. As Linda said, I was only 2 when we arrived, so my memories are nothing like those of all you big kids. Mostly I remember the kindergarten (is that what it was called?) and a couple of people there, though no names that I can think of.

I can't believe that the first post I clicked on had Susan's question about 'the Eatons', though - I nearly fell off my chair. I'm so glad I've been able to put Linda in touch as well.

I/we will post more shortly to catch you up with what's happened with our family. In the meantime, lovely to have found you, and so sorry we've missed out on the reunions - they sounded like a lot of fun. Very Happy
Linda Eaton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted an introduction. I have included a bit of family history. Funny that Annette and I should be on here at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: