Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dundas hostel 1957/1962.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoff hudson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: dundas hostel 1957/1962. Reply with quote

anyone know of whereabouts of alan foster ?
jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Alan Foster Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,

I've just today come across this site and see you were asking about Alan Foster. He is my brother and yes we did live on the Dundas Hostel between 1955 and 1958.
We are all living in New Zealand and have been since 1965. Alan is retired, a widower and enjoys reasonably good health. He will be 71 this Dec.
Unfortunately he refuses to use a computer after having worked both with them and on them for quite a number of years.
Maybe I shall hear from you soon, but do tell me how you and Alan became friends. Smile
jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Alan Foster Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,

Just been speaking with Alan and he is wondering whether you ever lived in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
geoff hudson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Alan Foster Reply with quote

jenny wrote:
Hi Geoff,

I've just today come across this site and see you were asking about Alan Foster. He is my brother and yes we did live on the Dundas Hostel between 1955 and 1958.
We are all living in New Zealand and have been since 1965. Alan is retired, a widower and enjoys reasonably good health. He will be 71 this Dec.
Unfortunately he refuses to use a computer after having worked both with them and on them for quite a number of years.
Maybe I shall hear from you soon, but do tell me how you and Alan became f
riends. Smile

Hi Jenny,
Was good to hear from you, I am not so good at the computer so you will have to bear with me.
Alan and I met on Dundas Hostel and became friends, he may know me as Jessie (nickname). I am also in touch with Peter Haydock know by the nick name of Spirit. I knew Alans wife Marian Rousell (think the surbame) No I have never lived in NZ but my late brother Ken lived over there for 30 odd years he married Ann Kitt who also lived on Dundas Hostel.I myself live in Cairns and have lived here for 17 years prior to this I lived on the South Coast of NSW (Nowra) for 20 odd years. I and my wife Carol have just celebrated our Golden Anniversary.You say Alan doesn't like computers I knew him as a printer on the local newspaper. If he remembers Peter Haydock I will send him his email address.Carol and I will be away on holiday from next Saturday (9th) for a month included in that month will be a 10 day cruise. We are actually looking at a cruise/fly NZ holiday next year.

Will leave it at that for now, hope to keep in touch, say Hi to Alan fro me.

Cheers,

Geoff
jenny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,

many thanks for your reply and I shall certainly be in touch with Al within the next few days and I shall re cap with him your memories. I'm sure he will be very happy to hear about you. Meantime enjoy your holiday and happy cruising. Many congratulations on your 50th Anniversary, well done I reckon.
Cheers
jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: