Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dorothy Young (Berkeley hostel)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Berkeley Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorothyyoung

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Dorothy Young (Berkeley hostel) Reply with quote

Hi my name is Dorothy Young ne Chandler i migrated to Australia with my parents in january 1960 We stayed at Berkeley hostel for a while till my dad got a job at whyalla south australia We stayed there for a while then my parents decided thy wanted to go back to England so we moved back to Berkeley hostel. My dad worked at the steel works and my mam at the laundrey and saved up till they had enough to come home which we did in March 1962. I always wanted to go back but never got the chance untill last year went for a 3 week holiday its surprising how much changes in 50 years.I am now 63 and i have just bought my first computer and Im just learning how to use it.
Joy52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for giving this new fangled technology a go. I am 61 and just started learning to use computers 6 months ago. My 35 year old son came home for 6 months and was horrified to learn that I was not computer literate. He set about giving me a crash course and it has opened up a whole new world for me and I can now be back in England or Australia in seconds. This site is really interesting and I also suggest that you give the "destination Australia" website a go. Also the Australian national archives is absolutely bursting with all sorts of information and old photographs. Happy computing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Berkeley Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: