Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fisherman's Bend Hostel in Melbourne 1968

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fishermans Bend Hostel:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadinemay

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Fisherman's Bend Hostel in Melbourne 1968 Reply with quote

Hi there. Today my name is Nadine. from 1968 I lived with my Dutch X husband and baby girl at the Fisherman's Bend Hostel in Melbourne for eight months. It was not the best time of my life. We moved to Croydon after we purchased a house there where my son was born. I came onto this site due to the research for my novel: The Self Employed Housewife. After four years we returned to Holland and a year later emigrated to South Africa, which is still my home.
This link is to an article that includes the 4 years in Australia.
http://tinyurl.com/lp2uqbv
Doing research for my novel: The Self Employed Housewife - I typed the Fisherman's Bend Hostel into Google. Ilived there with my Dutch X husband and baby girl of six months in 1968. We returned to Holland four years later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fishermans Bend Hostel: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: