Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heathcote Road Hostel memories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Heathcote Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heather V

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Heathcote Road Hostel memories Reply with quote

We arrived in September 1958 and my mother burst into tears when shown our accommodation. I went to Liverpool Girls High after Hammondville Primary School (with my sister, 4 years my junior) and we moved to our own home in 1960.
Kathie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heather,
I have just found your message I too was on the hostel at the same till and went to hammondville school do you remember how they packed us in on those school buses. I was Kathleen Brooks.
Kathie
Joy52

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kathie, I was on Heathcote 62-64 and also went to Hammondville. You will probably see previous posts about those bus rides to school. They certainly did pack us all in and the noise! Everyone singing and yahooing. I also remember days when there were bush fires on either side of the road but the school bus still went through. Was Miss Dudley the headmistress when you were there? She was very strict but very fair and always had time for "her girls".
Kathie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a picture of me in class at Hammondville when I find out how to attach photos I will send it on. I cannot remember the heads name but my Mother is still alive I will ask her.
Kathie
Soundman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Heather,Kathie, and Joy, I have just very recently joined the " Migrantweb Hostels Forum " and was trawling through all the messages and came across yours. Ilived in the East Hills camp, and also went to the Hamondville primary School. I'm sure i have pictures of all the differant class years ( some with mixed classes / girls ) and if i can come across them, will post them up for you, you just never know, you all might have been part of my class at some point. Hopefully catch up with you all again. Smile Smile Smile
Ian......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Heathcote Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: