Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G/day from Derek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eastender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: G/day from Derek Reply with quote

Hi out there in the world of the ethernet, hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!
The tempreature is rising to 38 celcius today here on the Central Coast of NSW, 43c out West!
We are in for some cooler weather after a storm hits later today, PHEW!
To all of you residing in Britain, send some cool weather here Please, to those of you living in oz, my sympathy, hope you are not in the bushfire areas!
Derek, (Eastender). Smile
kate fletcher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 inches of snow and a temperature below freezing point here in England. I�d send you the lot if I could.

Best wishes to everyone, and I hope that you're all OK.
Eastender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reached 45c in my backyard this afternoon!
My nephew lives in Essex, he won't be liking the cold.
Thanks for your reply, all I can say is, roll on the Aussie autumn!
The bushfires in three states today have been horrendous, luckily not in my neck of the woods.
Derek.
kate fletcher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that the predicted storm helps end the busfires. We�re hearing some terrifying stories about them in England.

I can�t imagine such heat. It�s so bitterly cold here, and as dark as midnight today. And still snowing.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My #1 daughter age 23 has just gone to England to work for a while, and is all excited about the snow. Posting all these happy snowy photos on facebook she is. Trust me, the novelty will soon wear off! I'd sooner have 40 degrees than -1 anyday. Still traumatised over walking to school in the snow all those years ago. Shocked
GinaKate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me, 40 degree heat you can have. I like all seasons, I do admit I like the warm weather most of the year, but, I love to see snow falling, I miss that so much. I was in England this time last year and was disappointed that I didn't see my home town covered in snow (would have covered all the litter along roadside at least)
Reading my hometown newspaper online. Schools closed due to snowfall. That never happened for us, the only time we were sent home early was when the fog came down, and it was predicted that we wouldn't be able to see a hand in front of our faces and so had to feel our way home counting gate posts etc. What a bonus it would have been, sent home to play in the snow, my idea of paradise.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a blizzard in 1963 and just didn't turn up for 3 days.
Robert Pearson Robert Pearson has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: where are you Central coast Reply with quote

Hi Derek 12/02/13 ,where are you on the coast I live in the Entrance usually Dinner and drinks at the Lakes once a fortnight . Food has been not as good of late however new butcher meat has not been up to standard let me know how we could have a beer together Bob Pearson (ps I will look on the web in a couple of days )
Eastender

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Sorry mate, I have been very busy with family and other stuff lately.
You will have to jog my memory, I am struggling to remember you, once again sorry! Embarassed
I live at Ourimbah, have done for the last 12 years.
My wife and I go to the coffee cub at Mingara now and again for something to eat but, we are always on the lookout for new taste experiences.
I shall check for your reply
chickalow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Guitars Reply with quote

Hi Derek,
My names Charlie (Chicka) Low and I had a band in the Cabramatta area many years back. Do you remember swapping a couple of Fender guitars for a couple of Semi Acoustic Guitars shortly before you guys were due to appear on the Billy Thorpe Show. I still have some photo's of your gear hanging on my wall. I sprayed the Jazzmaster Green and the Strat which I think was yours, ended up in the Georges River when the Railway Hotel in Liverpool got broken into and the thieves ditched the gear when the cops arrived. Anyway - G'day, might be a bit late but hope you and Phil are well and still picking strings.
Chicka Low
Eastender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Harmony guitars. Reply with quote

Hi Charlie,
I do remember you and your band, it was Phil, my twin and the other guitarist Ted that swapped you for the Harmony's.
Phil Lives near Grafton now and Ted sadly passed away a number of years ago.
Hope this finds you well and that Phil gets in touch with you soon.
good to hear from you, Derek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: