Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1954 - 1956

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickalow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: 1954 - 1956 Reply with quote

Hi All,
My name is Charles Low and I lived on the Hostel from 1954-1956. My Parents were Mary and Chicka and my younger sister was Myra. All have since passed away. I see from the posts that I've probably missed this forum by a couple of years - anyone around from those early days?
Wright

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charles.

I am looking for info, stories or photos of my grandparents/ the hostel from the year 1956 to approx 1959. My dad lived at the hostel for about 2-3 years.
My family details are:

Pop: Brian Vincent Wright (33 yo* when living here).
Nan: Muriel Jean Wright (32 yo* when living here).
Dad: Stewart Vincent Wright (born 1956).
Also: Aunty Brenda and Aunty Muriel Anne who where older than my dad.

My grandparents came from England in 1955 on the 'M. N. Fairsea'.

Do you know them?
chickalow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Family Names Reply with quote

Hi All,
Some of the names that come to mind are Mary McClure, Billy McClure, Tony Bates, George Robinson, Trevor Brent, Nicky Brent, the Spalding Bros, John Crosher, Margaret Crosher, Carol & Christine Charlesworth, Myra Bingham, Tony North, Eileen North, Mrs. Yager Tom Bourke, Doris Roberts, Madge Mallory. Cyril Woods, Cecil Bell, Tony Ashcroft, Eddie & Sammy Ross, Sammy & Billy McFerran, the Gibbons Bros., Irene Mack, David Seward, Joan Dring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: