Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bradfeild Park 1966

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skipadood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Bradfeild Park 1966 Reply with quote

Hi All. My name is Peter Holroyd, I lived on the camp from June 66 for approx 18 Months at the age of 13 with my family dad Frank, mum
Gwendoline, brother Harry, sister Glenis who sadly died in a swimingpool accident age 17 whilst at the camp, that apart I have some fond memories, playing football for Bradfield and the NSW state team. If you where on camp around that time I was the kid selling news papers and fags for the local newsagents in the canteen. love to here from any body from around that time. Cheers
Peter {skip} Holroyd.

Last edited by Skipadood on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
dooziemusic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradfeild Park 1966 Reply with quote

Hi Peter I remember you well and also your sister as she was good friends with my sister Janet, you were in the band playing guitar with James Pirie If my memory serves me well, I also remember you on your skate board, did you have a brother Harry? my nick name was doozie back then, are you still in touch with people from the hostel.
Jan Wright Jan Wright has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Bradfield Park 1966 Reply with quote

Hi Peter, was it your brother Harry who went home while we were there? I guess it must have been as you would have been too young to go home on your own. Bye for now, Jan

Bradfield Park May 1966 - June 1968
roger wingfield

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter - my name is Roger Wingfield and I remember Glenis, as I was her boyfriend at the time. We went to the Charles at Chatswood a few time and a car rally as I recall. That particular tragic day I remember well. I still have a photo of Glenis with some friends. I remember your dad i think he was a piano/organ/instrument tuner?

I feel I know Jan Wright one of your respondents. I played football and cricket for Bradfield and coached the under 12's. Yes I have some fond memories. Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: To Roger Wingfield Reply with quote

Hi Roger I do remember you but not very well. Glen was so lovely and, as you say, that was just such a horrible time. I still think of Glen a lot. she was such a lovely girl and we hit it off straight away especially as we had both arrived at the same time. I have some very happy memories of her and our other friends Shirley, Anne and Barbara. We went everywhere together. Sadly I have lost touch with them all now. I know that Anne came back to the UK and now lives in the Norwich area. I have tried to contact her but haven't been able to. I think that Shirley and Barbara are still in Australia but haven't been able to find them either. Sad I still keep trying though and hope that one day I will find them.

Ruffy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Bradfield Park 66 / 67 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Steve Ruff and was at Bradfield Pk in 66 and 67. I recall Glenis, nice kid, think chewing gum caused it. Tragic for her family.

I went to Chatswood and played for the football team in black and white kit, in fact my little sister Sue has some pics of the team which I am sure she put on the internet somewhere. Used to hang out with Ted Lindsay, Spook, the McGees, Fretwells, and many others whose names I can't recall.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve you are correct, Glen was diving in the pool and choked on chewing gum after taking a deep breath prior to diving in. It was a horrendous tragedy which obviously affected all who knew her. I hate seeing anyone with chewing gum if they are taking part in any sport especially swimming. .

Ruffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Sydney 2015 visit Reply with quote

It's Steve Ruff here aka smoothie in 1967. I arrived in Sydney today to visit my son in Frenches Forest for 5 weeks. Will make a point of checking out the old Bradfield Pk hostel site to see what's there now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: