Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School packed lunches.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wroxie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember getting a brown paper bag with our "crib" in it. We often had really hard bread rolls that I crave even today.(can't find them). I remember getting "devon" on a roll and wondering what the hell it was. Never heard of such a thing. I remember sitting at Unanderra Primary school and eating lunch overlooking the steel works. Does anyone remember the toast machine on the wall at the hostel? To me as a ten year old it was quite amazing, it went round and round and produced many slices of toast.
Roy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rotating toaster seemed to slow down when in a hurry> It was good though to be honest.

When did you stay at the hostel?

Roy
Wroxie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roy

I was there in 1970, only briefly as my parents couldn't wait to get out of there. You know how it is though, you can remember the 1970's better than what happened yesterday!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: