Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burwood Hostel 1960
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insclass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thomas family 1959-1962 Reply with quote

[quote="patriciathomas"]My name is Patricia Sawers - nee THOMAS. My sisters Elizabeth and Yvonne and parents Norah and Dave, lived at the hostel between 1959 and 1962.
I certainly remember Ian McCarthur, and have photos still of us standing in the grounds.
We moved to NZ in 1962 and have been here ever since.[/quote]

Hi Patricia,
I think I know you, if your Dad was a painter. I too was in the hostel the latter part of 1961, lived, and even met you there at south Dunedin at one time. where I too lived in the seventies. My name is Terry Thomas.
insclass

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Burwood Hostel 1960 Reply with quote

Manchester Bob wrote:
I am Bob Moore, and I want to know of anyone who lived on Burwood Hostel in the early 1960's

Hi Bob,
My name is Terry Thomas, and I lived at the hostel from sept 1961 till early 62
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: