Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Claude Kelly. catering manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbitoh64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Claude Kelly. catering manager Reply with quote

Hello I'm Wayne. I lived on a number of hostels from the early 50's to 1964. My grandfather, Claude Kelly, was the head catering manager for the hostels. Most of the time was spent on the south coast. So I have lived on the three hostels there. Mostly Balgownie. But also Liverpool, Villawood, East Hills, Dundas and Bunnerong. So moving around I went to a lot of schools. But on the south coast I went to Towradgi. Fairymeadow. Port Kembla. Also there were schools that I attended at Balgownie and Unanderra hostels. The school at Balgownie didn't last for very long. When I find out how to add photos I will. On I think you would like is the kids Christmas party in the dining hall at Balgownie. Also one of 5th and 6th class in 1958 and 1959 at Towradgi public school. There are a lot of kids from the hostel in the photos.
Naval Estate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome rabbitoh...great beach at Towradgi Smile
rabbitoh64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. They are all good beaches on the South Coast. I surfed many of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: