Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Managers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorraine catherine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Managers Reply with quote

Hi my name is lorraine my father was a manager on many immigration hostels from 1965 thru to the late 70 s.we travelled all over Australia to a lot of different camps Pennington,Broadmeadows,Brooklyn,endeavour,east hills,grey lands ,villa wood to name a few.I used to envy all the migrants they got to get away from hostels but for me it was my life.My father followed all the rules we weren�t allowed pets ,I wasn�t allowed to join the sports teams ,I was only 5 when we migrated from England ten pound poms.my father worked in port Kembla steel works then got a job on hostels and worked his way up.if anyone remembers us I would love to hear from you.We were still on hostels when it became CACS in the 80s.so all of my childhood and teenage years was on hostels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: