Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bradfield Park Hostel and Walgrove Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gillyisme53 gillyisme53 has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Bradfield Park Hostel and Walgrove Hostel Reply with quote

Hi
I remember these hostels we arrived from england and first went to walgrove hostel I remember the tin huts it was 1961 may
We then transfered to Bradfield park Hostel where we lived until 1966. I Have both good and bad memeories of the place i went to bradfield park school and one particular teacher mrs mooney was such a nasty person hated the hostel kids. I remember the packed lunches for school and joining the netball team and some other activities there going to sunday school and to some holiday camps. I remember going on outings and singing silly songs like I don't want no more hostel life oh boy I want to go home. we used to go swimming in the lane cove river and go down to the pool at lanecove. we hitch hiked down there and had a few scary incidents we used to play on the old artilliry grounds there I posted some photos here.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gillyisme53
We went from Wallgrove to Matraville and then to Bradfield Park.We were at Bradfield Park 1960 and the kids went to the school you mention .We were at Bradfield Park again in 1971 and that was the year it closed.My beautiful cat Mushka was run over when we were at Wallgrove .There is a photo of her in the Balgownie Hostel posting under Kelpie. cry
malcthemod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there ive just been looking at the pics of bradfield park i was there in 67 as a 11 year old great memories i also remember going down to lane cove and the packed lunches not so good i went to boumont road school and returned to the uk in 1968 many thanks malc

My names Malcolm Wilson i arrived in Australia in Dec '66 with my family margret,colin,martin and noel wilson. we spent time in Villawood then Bradfield park then finished our two years in burwood where we returned back to england in dec 68.
Len

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo Malc. Hope it stirs a few memories.

Smile
pelley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remmember you well mal hows tnings going been a lot of years tel me mal the photo middle left was that david vaughn youn welsh boy played soccer with you at bradfield park got to go now keep in touch
dooziemusic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malcthemod wrote:
hi there ive just been looking at the pics of bradfield park i was there in 67 as a 11 year old great memories i also remember going down to lane cove and the packed lunches not so good i went to boumont road school and returned to the uk in 1968 many thanks malc

Hi just seen your picture and noticed my younger sister Christine second from the right small world we live in. We were in bradfield park between 66 and 68 good memories
ozphazey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: 1967 Class 6C Beaumont Road Public School, West Lindfield Reply with quote

In this photo: Some faces from Bradfield Park Migrant Hostel in this 1967 Class Photo from Beaumont Road Public School.

Top Row: Eddie BARNES (1st left)

3rd Row Down: Christine WRIGHT (2nd right)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: