Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cabramatta migrant hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STEVE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Cabramatta migrant hostel Reply with quote

arrived from scotland 1963 in sydney mum,dad and the five kids to start a new life in the lucky country .We landed in cabramatta hostel in february and stayed until 1965 .We lived in hut 73 next to the high school ,adjacent to the cyclone fence.
My parents name are mary and bill and i am the fourth of five children .
I was 3 when we landed and attended cabramatta west primary school for a short time. I have some photos of the hut and the main mess hall if any one is interested .
If anybody has any other old photos I would appreciate an email as i am putting together a family movie for my parents and there is not to many in the collection that are very clear . Boy when i tell my old dad about this forum he,s going to fall over ,you should have seen his face when i showed him the web page on the fair sky which was the ship we arrived on ,ah modern technology .Ah what a great country hope to speak to you soon .
steve Very Happy
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve ,
Please do post the photos as I would love to see them. We went to Cabramatta in 1965,( second time there) so you would possibly have still been there when we arrived. My late husband was a Manager there.
I enjoyed the time I had at Cabramatta. Very Happy There are a couple of photos of the hostel on the Cabramatta Forum.You may have seen them by now. My children went to Cabramatta West School. Smile
I remember so many of the staff there . Also the youth leader and some residents .Knew lots of residents on our first trip there, 1956-1958. Your parents may remember my husband and many staff. The late Mr. Dudman was the Manager in Charge then , A very nice man.
Anyway welcome Very Happy and do please post the photos because I am really interested. Smile
Len

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, welcome to our forums.

It would be great if you could share your photos with us. Unfortunately, there isn�t an option with these forums to upload images.
If you could email them to me I�ll put your families name on them and manually upload them into the forums directories. I will then add them to the Cabramatta�s forum and from there you could then link the images into any of your posts.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: