Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi - Midway Migrant Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eldeak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Hi - Midway Migrant Hostel Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm so excited I've found this site. My name is Eleonora Deak and from March to Junish 1983, we stayed at Midway Migrant Hostel. "we" are my mum: Maria, my dad: Miklos and my sister: Ildiko.

We arrived in Melbourne in March 1983, after having left Hungary in April 1982 and spending 11 months in Austria.

I'm interested in chatting with ANYONE who spent time at Midway in particular and even more in particular, anyone who was there about that time and even went to the Child Language Centre there. But I'm also really looking forward to sharing experiences with all kinds of people.

Laughing
Len

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eldeak
Welcome to the forums and many thanks for taking the time to join. I myself never went to midway but one or two of us here have and hopefully, in time, we may have others join up.

smile
kim kim has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Midway Hostel Reply with quote

Hello Eldeak,

I lived at Midway Hostel in 1973, quite a bit of time difference I know. I enjoyed my time at the hostel. Meeting people from different countries and learning different ways of doing things. How long did you live at Midway?

Regards
Kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: