Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kiwi weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: kiwi weather Reply with quote

Hi Len ,
Wow did we have some high winds today,our power was off for ages this afternoon and much of our Canterrbury Province suffered damage trees down ,power posts over and power lines all over the place. And would you believe it I was just putting in my password for here and bingo .....no power. They were Nor west winds so it was very warm. The wind has now dropped so the weather will be cold tonight and much cooler tomorrow.
Hope you don't get winds like this over there. Rolling Eyes
wave
Len

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds exciting Phyl and I hope everyone�s ok. No doubt the insurance companies will be cringing. Where I�m located we don�t get too many gale force winds etc but do get some rather strong winds from time to time which could �at a push� cause light structural damage, mainly, removing/ dislodging slates from terrist houses etc. In more exposed areas high sided vehicles have been known to have been blown over.

We haven�t had any power cuts here for quite some time now, well prolonged power cuts and I have to say, that when it does happen, it can be quite fun. .i.e. sitting by the gas fire with lighted candles etc Smile

Phyl, I�ve found a couple of news links regarding the strong winds your having. The second link has video, so you'll probably need broadband to veiw it.

http://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/content/severe-gales-blast-lower-ni

http://www.scoop.co.nz/multimedia/tv/national/13828.html

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: