Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bradfield Park public school 1956

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Bradfield Park public school 1956 Reply with quote

Hi ,My name is David I live in Huonville Tasmania, My family migrated from Bolton Lancs england in 1956 on the SS Strathaird and we stayed at Bradfied Park migrant Hostel, I was 11 and can remember a lot, i whent to the Bradfield Park primary school, we used to sing the school song each morning, Mr Tom was one of my teachers. any old photos of those school days would be great. I tried to find the words of the old school song on the webb but no go, would anyone have the words please? Thank you for this Forum. look forward to your reply. regards David Thomasson.
Len

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomo. Wecome to our forums. wave

As yet, we haven�t got any photo of Bradfield Park primary school. So I did a search in Friends reunited AU in the hope of finding some.
To my surprise I came across a whole load of Bradfield Park hostel Photos which were posted by an ex resident. I have sent her a message in the hope that she�ll visit here and share her photos with us.

A link to Freinds reunited (Bradfield ParkPrimary.)is below but you may have to register yourself to friends reunited fist before being able to view the group, not sure but I hope it helps.

http://www.friendsreunited.com.au/SignedIn/GroupPhotos.aspx?g_t=1&Type=&g_k=610501

Smile
Thomo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len, Thank you for the welcome, i have joined the friendsreunited group and enjoyed the photos of bradfield Park migrant Hostel. Thank you for your help. regards David (Thomo).
Len

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You welcome Dave. I hope she joins us with those pics.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: