Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colmslie Hostel Brisbane QLD May 1957 to September 1957

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Colmslie Hostel:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Colmslie Hostel Brisbane QLD May 1957 to September 1957 Reply with quote

Looking for memories of the time spent at Colmslie Hostel as a boy in 1957 and yes I remember the laundry chimney and it is still there. Also Tahiti swimming hole which may have been a Submarine pen in its previous life.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were there in 1957-58 .My husband Tony Hobbs was assistant manager. Do you remember Tom Flood's dogs Bounce and can't remember the other ones name.
Also do you remember what they called the locked pool that was the sewerage. Our dog Kelpie fell in it once and nearly drowned.
Steve D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Colmslie Hostel Reply with quote

Hi. My name is Steve Dutton. We (my family) came across from England on the Strath Nava in 1956 and stayed in Colmslie for some time. I was only 4 at the time but still have some interesting memories. What I don't recall, my older brother Ken and sister Paula can fill in any gaps. I was there when another boy drowned in that sewage 'pond'' and me and my mate Kevin Jordan were responsible for burning down the warehouse near the jetty. I also remember Beverly Challener (spelling?) and a family called Ludlow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Colmslie Hostel: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: