Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Williamstown hostel 1959 to 62

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Acton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Williamstown hostel 1959 to 62 Reply with quote

Hi all, I was only 4 when we came to the hostel and reading about the cheers in the cafeteria when a plate was dropped and the water tank that was near the old race track with a ladder down it brought memories and visuals that came flooding back. Mum worked in the canteen in a pink nursie type uniform and Dad worked at shell as a truck tanker driver. My name is John and my sisters name is Anne Acton so I do hope Diane Reed you see this message. Anne is alive and well and living on the north coast nsw, I do remember she was devastated when her best friend left to return to England. I look forward to seeing the photos of my sis waving goodbye to you we also have photos of that time. John Acton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: