Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irene - Cabramatta hostel 1965-1965 anybody no the bells?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irene

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Irene - Cabramatta hostel 1965-1965 anybody no the bells? Reply with quote

Hi everybody have not been on this site for a while. I work with a guy who was born on the hostel Paul Bell his parents came here in 1961-1966 on the hostel, Mary (she was known as Marie) and George Bell from England they came with 5 children and left with 7 in 1966 when they moved to the commision house in Whalan near Mt Druitt. the oldest son was named George. He thinks they lived in 21 or 29 not sure. I lived there from April 1965- to 1966. I was 11 in 1965. my mums thinks it was number 9. I read someone knew the Carters I was best friends with their daughter Pauline Carter I remember her 2 brothers John was one a bit older, they moved to Adelaide S.A. must have been around 1966 -67 when they got a lot of migrants to move to a new suburd down there. I will be going to the reunion next April 2013. I went to school with, the Watsons, Black, Bulmer's and posted photo's on friends united under Cabramatta High and Cabramatta West. Regards Irene Johnson nee Lawrie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: