Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Destination Australia - National Archives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other web links:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhonda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Destination Australia - National Archives Reply with quote

Hi There,

I am from the National Archives of Australia and we have recently set up a new website which focuses on migration throughout the post World War 2 period.

There are many photos of people and places, many unidentified. We are hoping that we find out more about the stories associated with the people in the images.

Please take a look at the website, sign up and tell us your story.

Here is a link to the site.

Please feel free to message me Smile

Rhonda Very Happy

https://www.destinationaustralia.gov.au/site/search.php?type=rec&search=bradfield+park&yearMin=0&yearMax=0&thid=0&page=2
Len

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhonda welcome to our fourms.
I truely hope our members can and will take part.

Thank you for the link.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are awesome photos, thanks.
Len

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between our forums and the National Archives of Australia is that the National Archives of Australia will last forever and our memories, images and experiences must be saved.

Please mention migrantweb.com if you have already shared your images with us, I dont want to get shouted-at because of copy right etc Mr. Green
kate fletcher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Australian archives Reply with quote

It's good to know that our unique bit of history won't be forgotten.
Katherine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos thanks for the link Katherine
Anne-Laure

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Destination Australia - National Archives Reply with quote

[quote="Rhonda"]Hi There,

I am from the National Archives of Australia and we have recently set up a new website which focuses on migration throughout the post World War 2 period.

There are many photos of people and places, many unidentified. We are hoping that we find out more about the stories associated with the people in the images.

Please take a look at the website, sign up and tell us your story.

Here is a link to the site.

Please feel free to message me Smile

Rhonda Very Happy

https://www.destinationaustralia.gov.au/site/search.php?type=rec&search=bradfield+park&yearMin=0&yearMax=0&thid=0&page=2[/quote]

Are you only interested in stories in connection to photos? I don't have any photos of my stay at Graylands Hostel in Perth, WA. I was a child when we arrived there in February 1960 but I can remember the atmosphere very well. Most of the migrants there were from the UK, my family was from Germany, so there were no contacts, no names. Apart from that, we didn't stay at the hostel for very long. My dad got a job offer on the ship in Fremantle and accepted although we were originally bound for Melbourne. After only 3 months my dad's firm found a house for us to rent so we moved out of Graylands Hostel.

I've been back in Germany for a long time but my stay in Australia has sort of shaped me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other web links: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: