Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kevin Bourke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened Kevin or his family.

They lived in H block and the mother worked in the canteen . Which meant that those little cubes of butter that we had to sneek out of the dining room was always in plentyful supply round thier place , they had a fridge over flowing with the stuff.

Kevin used to go out with a girl called Ann that lived next door to me in A Block.

What about the two spanish brothers who were pretty good at basketball, Florencio and Miguel I think were thier names.

JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy wrote:
Does anyone know what happened Kevin or his family.

They lived in H block and the mother worked in the canteen . Which meant that those little cubes of butter that we had to sneek out of the dining room was always in plentyful supply round thier place , they had a fridge over flowing with the stuff.

Kevin used to go out with a girl called Ann that lived next door to me in A Block.

Did he have a sister called Vicky

What about the two spanish brothers who were pretty good at basketball, Florencio and Miguel I think were thier names.
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think his sister was called Vicki.
JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy wrote:
Yes, I think his sister was called Vicki.

I Know that the family went back to the uk . I remember seeing Kevin"s younger sister for a few years in the 80' bit then didn't here anything from them. Vicky was my brother Geds girlfriend up untill she went home. But was also told Vicky had come back to Australia for a while to. I think Kevin never came back here.
Roy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I knew Kev enjoyed it here and I dont recall him going on about England very much like plenty of others did. I hope he finished his trade training before he went home.

He was also pretty keen on Ann from A Block but her parents didnt like it here so they probably went home before the Burkes did.
JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he may have as I know they lived in Berkeley for a few years but then left it would be nice to know if the are liveing here or England.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: