Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Residents in 1957/8/9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabracreek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Residents in 1957/8/9 Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am a newbie to the forum. My family arrived at Cabramatta hostel in May 1958. My name is Bill Ferguson, we lived at No 51 towards the creek. Just wondering if anyone knows any of these names?, I did read in one of the stories of a lad called Ralph Gibbons, I seem to recall that name I believe he was from London, Jud Proctor, Sam Ross, Ray Cunningham, Anne Cunningham, a Lad called Sashka, ring any bells with any one. As I am back in the UK, it would be great if I could contact any of them.
Cheers Bill
Norm Faint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Manager 1958 Reply with quote

Hi Bill, I was only at Cabramatta for a few months in 1954. Dad got accepted as a Hostel Manager and we were 'on the move' for many years at various Hostels NSW and VIC......however, to answer your question regarding 'who was Manager at Cabramatta 1958', I believe if you go to the Cabramatta Forum you will see the name 'PHYL' listed, her husband was a Manager at Cabramatta....but I dont know the year. Phyl is one of the Administrators to this site and is very helpfull....cheers for now....Norm
1954, Cabramatta Hostel from England aboard S.S.Strathaird, followed by Matraville, Marybrinong, Broadmeadows, Williamstown, Heathcote Road and Bunnerong (various moves as dad was later in '54 engaged as a Hostel Manager.
Robert (Bob) Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Phyl. Reply with quote

Noticed this post.I am sorry to advise you that Phyl passed away in November this year.
You will however be able to view her various posts from over the years if you go into her site.
Cheers, Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: