Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East Hills Hostel. March 1954

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: East Hills Hostel. March 1954 Reply with quote

Hi, my family named Edemenson lived at the East Hills Hostel from March 1954 until 1958. My Nana and grandfather both worked in the Canteen their names were Dorothy and Norman and my mum Christine who lived there from the age 6 to 10 years old, her sisters Barbara, Margaret and youger brother Brian went to Hammondville public school. Mum said when she was there they ate a lot of casseroles she remembered the rabbit strew. Swimming in the creek, throwing rocks ont he church roof , the bull ants that used to attack you, the floods and heaps of other memories. It would be good if any one remembers any of my family. Mandy
pat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: east hills hostel 1945 Reply with quote

hi. my name was pat bryant, my brother is lawrence. my mother was freda dad was alec. we arrived on the otranto in 1954. we stayed at east hills hostel until about 1958. my mum and dad worked at the canteen while me brother and i ran wild which was really something as we were very protected before we came there. i went to hammondville although i dont remember much about school as everything was play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: